Cinnamon 3.6.6 - big problems

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JEBB

Cinnamon 3.6.6 - big problems

Post by JEBB »

After a fresh install of 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3 and running Update Manager, the desktop shows only the right 20%; the rest is black. I repeated the fresh install and ran the Update Manager but didn't allow it to update any Cinnamon apps. Now the computer runs as it should.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Cinnamon 3.6.6 - big problems

Post by lsemmens »

From the rules
List any relevant hardware or software specifications. 'inxi' is a useful terminal command for listing this. Use inxi -h for help. Generally it suffices to type the following in terminal and include the output in your post -> inxi -Fxz
from here might go a long way to assisting those with more expertise than I to giving you a meaningful answer.

I am suspicious of a dodgy driver Did you run the driver update too? <Menu><Administration><Driver Manager>?
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
JEBB

Post by JEBB »

I have two Dell Minis and the problem has occurred with both. One is a 9" Mimi labeled as an Inspiron 910 and the other is an Inspiron 10 (Inspiron 10v, 1011). Both have 2GB RAM. I did do the driver updates.

Is that enough information?
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

JEBB wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:20 pm I have two Dell Minis and the problem has occurred with both. One is a 9" Mimi labeled as an Inspiron 910 and the other is an Inspiron 10 (Inspiron 10v, 1011). Both have 2GB RAM. I did do the driver updates.

Is that enough information?
No, and if you had read the last post you may have seen this:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Cinnamon”