SOLVED - CPU temperature indicator - question

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PlutoPup

SOLVED - CPU temperature indicator - question

Post by PlutoPup »

I have just installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.2 on another system, (Replaced Win 10).

On my Main System I have been running Linux Mint Cinnamon for almost a year, I really like it. One of the Applets I use is, "CPU Temperature Indicator" which is very important to have running since my systems are over-clocked. On my main system the Applet displays the temp as, PCI Adapter - only the "TEMP" is displayed, which in this case is the CPU TEMP I need to monitor.

On my newest install the, "CPU Temperature Indicator", shows up as "NaN" and I have to left click to display the temp, but it displays two temps - one is my cpu the other I don't need displayed. There is no config for what temps are displayed.

Does anyone know how to make it display the CPU TEMP all the time and not the second temp.?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PlutoPup

Re: CPU TEMPERATURE INDICATOR - QUESTION

Post by PlutoPup »

Nobody here in this Forum seems to know.? Well, Its only been in the Forum for 1 day. But I am trying to solve the riddle myself until I read something to guide me..

The CPU TEMPERATURE INDICATOR is trying to display 2 different temps. I have determined that one needs to be removed but I don't know how to do that. and there is no info on the web how to do it. Any ideas..?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: CPU TEMPERATURE INDICATOR - QUESTION

Post by Moem »

PlutoPup wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm Nobody here in this Forum seems to know.? Well, Its only been in the Forum for 1 day.
Less than two hours. You may be a little over-clocked, yourself... :wink: give it some time!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: CPU temperature indicator - question

Post by smurphos »

The Applet had a major revamp a couple of weeks ago which may have introduced new bugs. Report the issue here.. https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-s ... ets/issues

Edit to add. It might be helpful from a troubleshooting point of view and assuming you haven't updated the applets on your other machine since 27/3 to transfer a copy of the preupdate applet to the new machine and confirm it works OK. You can find the applet folder in ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets. Having backed up a copy of the preupdate applet also try the new version on the other machine.

When you make your bug report include as much info as you can following that troubleshooting.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
PlutoPup

Re: CPU temperature indicator - question

Post by PlutoPup »

LOL, Moem,,, Just my way of having a laugh with such a small problem. Making it seem a little more important than it really is... There are other programs that show temp which I haven't even tried yet. The idea is, if it requires learning a little more about how Linux works, than I am all in..

I am a newbie with Linux and I'm having fun with it.. I'll never be a programmer but it's definitely more challenging than Windows was but way more rewarding. I've been learning my way around and using the Terminal, which is something I don't pretend to know much about but I am not as afraid to use it as I once was.

I have an 8 year old granddaughter I plan to build a system for complete with Linux Mint Cinnamon. So I'd like to get more familiar with it so I can instruct her.

Return to “Cinnamon”