Workspace Switcher sound issue

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Workspace Switcher sound issue

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Hi,
The Workspace Switcher in the panel, in Cinnamon - makes a noise every time I swap to a new workspace. I cannot find any config setting to stop this. I can keep turning the sound volume down - but this is annoying as I need sound for some things. Any ideas? This was not a problem in 17,3.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Workspace Switcher sound issue

Post by Cosmo. »

I obviously cannot know, which version you are running, but on my 17.3 Cinnamon I have the sound also, if I use ctrl-alt-left/right. Use another method, e. g, the workspace-switcher applet.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Hi, I'm running LM 18.3. The applet is called "Workspace Switcher" and it is making a noise every time I switch. As far as I can remember it did not do this in (correction) 17.2. I am switching workspace by pointing and clicking in the workspace display in the bottom panel.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I looked into it.
Actually the sound for changing the workspace does not appear by using the applet in 17.3, but it does in 18.3.

In the sound settings -> sound effects there is the option for turning the sound off. It works for switching via keyboard and via applet. This option is there also in 17.3, but I never looked for it, because I find the sound useful.

So turning it off in the sound settings (in 18.3 it is the 3rd option in the effect department) should solve your issue.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Brilliant. Thanks Cosmo. The only sound left is now when I insert a device!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

This is also switchable on the same place.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Since this seems to be solved, please mark the topic as such by editing the title of the first post and adding [SOLVED]. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”