Looking for the blank screensaver

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Looking for the blank screensaver

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

I recently installed Mint 18.2 and cannot find the blank screensaver from the screensaver list. Trouble is, when I have finished using my PC I do not want to continue to see any kind of moving image on my screen as I continue to work at my desk. This is distracting. I just want the screen to go completely blank as it did in 17.3. I do not want to have to keep switching the whole screen off every time. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Looking for the blank screensaver

Post by Cosmo. »

Turn displaying the clock to off in the screensaver settings.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

This is a little better - but I don't want the logo either! Is it possible to download the blank screen version of this?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Not to my knowledge. But you can copy the file for this desktop background into the picture folder in your home, edit it to remove the logo, and set it as your new desktop background.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

You could just disable the screensaver and set a screen off time in the Power Management settings module. Or if you want to use the lock when screensaver comes on feature have the times match.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Cinnamon”