Rounded Bottom Corners

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
logx7

Rounded Bottom Corners

Post by logx7 »

Hello, most themes have rounded top courners and i've been trying to add rounded bottom corners cinnamon windows, but it just doesn't work
i've tried modifying th metacity file and the gtk file
any body have an idea on how to do so ?

i'm Using
Linux Mint 18.3
Cinnamon 3.6.4
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Rounded Bottom Corners

Post by Hoser Rob »

Not really, but I can say that modifying themes is a hell of a lot more complicated than you seem to think, and also can lead straight into a bucket of worms.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
logx7

Post by logx7 »

i know what i am doing, my guess is that it's not a metacity or a gtk thing, it's a cinnamon thing
mint4all
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mint4all »

logx7 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 am i know what i am doing, my guess is that it's not a metacity or a gtk thing, it's a cinnamon thing
Greetings! Having dabbled a bit in tweaking a few of my own GTK2-themes (ie gradients in window decorations & rounded corners on panel buttons), your question is an interesting one: my primary DE, XFCE4, will be supporting GTK3-themes soon; as there might be a chance of discontinuance of GTK2-support (one never knows where this is headed) i may have to man-up on those GTK3-specs myself ...

Your question now prompted me to look deeper into cinnamon's themes (as implemented on mint's distros) leading me to beliwve that you're dealing with a gtk-"thing" (such as border-bottom-style, border-bottom-width, border-right-width, border-radius, plus a few more styles of course). A further search turned up the relevant specifications, published @ https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable ... rties.html (i.e. its Table 3). That spec might just give you the missing guidance ... Good luck, and let us know how your tweaks turn out!
logx7

Post by logx7 »

i did check the border- radius gtk 3 method and nothing works,
the trick is in the windows manager, because if i give a border-radius to everything i'l still have this empty black background between the frame and the content
mdurham
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mdurham »

I too like 4 rounded corners so I install the Human-theme from the repo.
Cheers, Mike
logx7

Post by logx7 »

mdurham wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 pm I too like 4 rounded corners so I install the Human-theme from the repo.
Cheers, Mike
can you please share
mdurham
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mdurham »

First I install Synaptic then run Synaptic and search for "human" to find the human theme and install it.
After which I run System settings and select Themes to select the Human theme.
This is not the only way of doing it, but it's the way that I do it.

Return to “Cinnamon”