How to auto select frequently used apps in the Start menu...

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nullsteph

How to auto select frequently used apps in the Start menu...

Post by nullsteph »

Is there a way to auto select the most frequently used apps when typing into the Start menu? When I type `chr`, Chrome is not auto selected. I have to arrow down to it, or type the full name.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to auto select frequently used apps in the Start menu...

Post by greerd »

I don't think there's a way to do that but if the "Show favorites and quit options" is enabled, you can drag icons in and out of that panel (above the bottom three). So you could replace the FF icon with Chrome for example.
nullsteph

Post by nullsteph »

Thanks, I do have that enabled, and moved the icon to the top of the list but its still not selected when typing 'chr'. Is it supposed to be or is there another way to launch it using the keyboard?
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

nullsteph wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm Thanks, I do have that enabled, and moved the icon to the top of the list but its still not selected when typing 'chr'. Is it supposed to be or is there another way to launch it using the keyboard?
No, it won't move Chrome to the top of the search list, it's just a way to use a one click option. I don't know of a way to sort the search results, sorry. You should be able to create a keyboard shortcut for it though, Menu - Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts - Custom Shortcuts - Add custom shortcut, give it a name and add (for chrome stable) /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable %U for the Command, the add it, the click on the first Keyboard bindings (unassigned) and enter your keyboard combo.

Return to “Cinnamon”