Display scaling - not just for high DPI!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yangmusa
Level 1
Level 1

Display scaling - not just for high DPI!

Post by yangmusa »

So far, the only scaling I've found in Mint is the option to double everything for HiDPI screens. Is anyone aware of efforts to provide more granular control of scaling on Mint?

I don't know what the Venn diagram of Linux users vs. ChromOS users is? I'm a long time ChromeOS user, but I'm slowly migrating back to Linux over privacy concerns. Anyone who has used ChromeOS lately may be aware that the way it handles display scaling is pretty neat. As expected one can easily scale everything so it looks better on HiDPI screens. However, it's equally easy to simulate higher resolution on non-HiDPI screens. E.g. a plain old 1366x768 screen can simulate higher resolutions. And the results are pretty great too - admittedly not quite as pin-sharp as my 1080p Chromebook, but plenty usable to make working on two docs side by side practical.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”