Two cursors in Cinnamon. Is it possible?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alex-n3050

Two cursors in Cinnamon. Is it possible?

Post by alex-n3050 »

I have an MSI GeForce GT 710 graphics card that supports dual display.
I really want to Cinnamon on each desktop (of the two possible) to have my mouse and my keyboard to these cursors and keyboards can be controlled simultaneously. Is that possible?
I just want two people to be able to work on the same computer at the same time, each with its own set of mouse+keyboard+display.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Two cursors in Cinnamon. Is it possible?

Post by lsemmens »

That sounds like a recipe for disaster, Two keyboards/mouse for one computer. Typically a dual monitor setup is to expand the desktop across both screens to allow ONE user to to multitask, not the other way 'round. Why can you not just set up two computers?
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

That IS a recipe for disaster. Linux may have been designed for multiuser from the start, unlike Windows, but that is just not how it works.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

You can have two mouse' operating the same cursor of course. Still, fights may occur :mrgreen:

Return to “Cinnamon”