Scroll bars on 19 Tara

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linux-Bill
Level 3
Level 3

Scroll bars on 19 Tara

Post by Linux-Bill »

What? No scroll bar choices? I am so disappointed - I was hoping for something to easily widen the scroll bars. Something similar to the control for panel height.

Maybe this is not the place for this question? I have no idea.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Scroll bars on 19 Tara

Post by catweazel »

Linux-Bill wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 pm Maybe this is not the place for this question?
No, it's not. When you run a beta, you're on your own.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

catweazel wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:42 pm
Linux-Bill wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 pm Maybe this is not the place for this question?
No, it's not. When you run a beta, you're on your own.
And personally I think newbies are encouraged to try the betas far too much here. Most IT people I know would have to be forced to run a beta OS release. It's not a question of if it fails, it's when.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Linux-Bill
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Linux-Bill »

When you are in the forest looking for trees - you need all the help you can get. That is what BETA is - a plea for some help in finding errors and shortcomings. Well, at least it was when I was still programing. You have no idea how pleased I was when I would receive complaints of things I had missed. Then, when the complaints stopped - I held my breath and released.

Now I am retired, but I will still make beta complaints - that is what you are supposed to do. Making "great job" reports do not really help the programmer(s).
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Linux-Bill wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am Now I am retired, but I will still make beta complaints - that is what you are supposed to do.
Very true, but you're making them in the wrong place since this forum is for support and you're not asking for support. JosephM (who is a Mint developer) tells us where to report issues: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=260793&p=1476397#p1476236

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

Moem wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am
Linux-Bill wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am Now I am retired, but I will still make beta complaints - that is what you are supposed to do.
Very true, but you're making them in the wrong place since this forum is for support and you're not asking for support. Joseph (who is a Mint developer) tells us where to report issues: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=260793&p=1476397#p1476236
This is what happens when people start finding and installing the beta before official release :)
And personally I think newbies are encouraged to try the betas far too much here. Most IT people I know would have to be forced to run a beta OS release. It's not a question of if it fails, it's when.
I don't really see an issue as long as you understand what you are getting in to.

As for the scrollbar options. Scrollbar styling is controlled by the gtk (controls) theme. It's not something really made to be done as some sort of setting so I wouldn't hold out too much hope on seeing something like that implemented.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Cinnamon”