Font color and menu bar spacing bad after reboot

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dylanrhodes0
Level 1
Level 1

Font color and menu bar spacing bad after reboot

Post by dylanrhodes0 »

So I have had this happen pretty much every time I have installed Mint in the last 2-3 weeks. After updating and upgrading Mint, installing some Kali tools via katoolin, and I reboot:
1) The dots in the password box are grey and blend in with the background
2) The menu bar on things like the settings menu, files, and other system things are squished together
3) In settings, the ON/OFF icons are not there, and things do not display properly
4) When entering password for updates or whatever, the box itself is not visible, but it is there.

I have attached some examples. Let me know what else I can provide to help solve this...really annoying!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dylanrhodes0
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Font color and menu bar spacing bad after reboot

Post by dylanrhodes0 »

For those who have already read this, I made a mistake. I did install some packages between updating Mint and getting the issue. I do not have a full list, but I used katoolin to get some Kali packages, and was doing a few at a time. So something between categories 1 and 4 causes the issue.

Return to “Cinnamon”