Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
rojthevorlon
Level 1
Level 1

Freezes in Mint Cinnamon 19 with zoom

Post by rojthevorlon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi,

An old symptom from when Cinnamon first got the zoom function has sadly resurfaced.

System config:

I7 / 16Gb / solid state / nVidia GTX660
Fresh Install of Mint 19 Cinnamon x64 / nVidia proprietary drivers
Cairo-Dock with OpenGL enabled (version in Repos)

I use the zoom function A Lot because I'm visually impaired. There are two symptoms:

1) extreme full-screen pixel dropouts (relatively infrequent). A logout / login solves the problem (had this happen three times in a week)

2) Considerably more frequent but random (at least once or twice a day every day) system freezes requiring a hard reset.

Do note that this hardware / software combo (referring to Cairo-Dock) ran flawlessly under all variants of Mint 18.

Please help - I haven't had system instability like this since the early days when Cinnamon first got the zoom function years ago. Way back then a cool cat named Michael Webster (mtwebster) solved the problem. Maybe he's still around?

Edit:

Additional information - when zoomed, go into panel settings and turn on custom panel size and change the panel width. You should get the pixellation discussed above.

rojthevorlon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Freezes in Mint Cinnamon 19 with zoom

Post by rojthevorlon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 pm

FOUR lockups today - this is seriously trying my patience. Even ditched Cairo-Dock to no avail.

Return to “Cinnamon”