Alt-Shift for language blocks Alt-Shift-Tab for backwards cycling through windows

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sakishrist
Level 1
Level 1

Alt-Shift for language blocks Alt-Shift-Tab for backwards cycling through windows

Post by sakishrist »

Hello all,

I've set my language switching shortcut to be the familiar for me alt-shift. Since I did that though, I cannot use, or even set, the alt-shift-tab for backward cycling of the windows.

I remember having this working before on Mint 18, where Cinnamon(?) waited to see if I'll press any other keys and only completed the shortcut on the KeyUp event.

Is there anything I can do to go back to that behavior again?

Thanks in advance!

Sakis
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alex_mint

Re: Alt-Shift for language blocks Alt-Shift-Tab for backwards cycling through windows

Post by alex_mint »

Hello there! :)
I've made this account just to reply to You (and to everyone else with this issue). :)
This GitHub issue contains a comment on how to fix this Alt+Shift+Tab problem.
Here is the contents of the linked issue-comment:
User "eladhen" said:
The patch for this bug exists and can be found here: ppa:nrbrtx/xorg-hotkeys
The bug report on Xorg is here: https://bugzilla.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=865
And then user "alexvechirko" replied to that with:
If someone like me doesn't know how to install the patch, here is the instruction:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nrbrtx/xorg-hotkeys
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
*for me it works, but if someone can prove or add something - welcome =)
So, just run these three commands and restart your computer.
I hope this will help someone! :)

Return to “Cinnamon”