Rosa cinnamon-settings buggy

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pgmer6809
Level 4
Level 4

Rosa cinnamon-settings buggy

Post by pgmer6809 »

After upgrading to 17.3 from 17.2 the cinnamon-settings menu items are flaky. Some work, some don't.
The background loads the module, but it has no effect when you click on it. See other post.
The latest is that the power module (to set suspend timeouts etc.) does not work.
Here is the output when I run the cinnamon-settings command from a terminal.
Could not find bluetooth module; is the cinnamon-control-center package installed?
__init__ took 85.870 ms
# Control center window comes up. I click on the fonts icon.
Loading Fonts module
# I exit the fonts module and click on the Extensions icon
Loading Extensions module
I exit the Extensions and click on the backgrounds icon.
Loading Backgrounds module
I then chose a new background but it has no effect. So I exit that and click on the Power Management icon.
# The power management window Does NOT come up Instead I get the following output on the terminal.
Loading Power module
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 549, in button_press
self.side_view_nav(widget, None, category)
File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 111, in side_view_nav
self.go_to_sidepage(cat, filtered_path)
File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 124, in go_to_sidepage
sidePage.build()
File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/bin/SettingsWidgets.py", line 329, in build
self.module.on_module_selected()
File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/modules/cs_power.py", line 112, in on_module_selected
device_types = [x[UP_TYPE] for x in self.csd_power_proxy.GetDevices()]
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gio.py", line 171, in __call__
None)
gi._glib.GError: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.cinnamon.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files
I have tried re-installing the cinnamon-settings stuff but there is no change.
Anyone have an idea?
pgmer6809
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”