How to disable Sticky Screen Edges in Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnbonda

How to disable Sticky Screen Edges in Cinnamon

Post by johnbonda »

When I drag a window around and if the window border touches the screen edge, the windows sticks to the screen edge. This visually is appearing like the Window is stuttering while dragging around.
In the settings menu, there is only option to disable the stickiness with other window edges but the Monitor edges remain sticky. There is also no option to disable it in org.cinnamon.muffin through gsettings.
There is a post about the same issue in this forum but it was locked down without the problem being solved.(The users misunderstood the problem with Window Tiling and snapping and locked down the forum)
I am not talking about Window tiling or snapping, my problem is the bit sticky monitor screen edges and this annoying feature looks like the window is stuttering while dragging around.
This annoying feature seems like it is hard coded and no parameter to change its value.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jgroth

Re: How to disable Sticky Screen Edges in Cinnamon

Post by jgroth »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I too want to turn off sticky edges between monitors.

Return to “Cinnamon”