On resume desktop shows briefly before lock screen

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paulmedynski
Level 1
Level 1

On resume desktop shows briefly before lock screen

Post by paulmedynski »

When Mint/Cinnamon resumes from suspend, it briefly shows the desktop, including whatever content was visible before the suspend, and then the lock screen takes over. This exposes potentially sensitive material to whomever resumes the system. The lock screen should show immediately on resume, and not expose the desktop at all. Is anyone else seeing this? Mint 19 with Cinnamon 3.8.8.

Thanks!
-Paul
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: On resume desktop shows briefly before lock screen

Post by Pierre »

from a practical point-of-view - - you should always Save Your Work,, then Minimise that Program,
- before using Suspend OR hibernation.
this would eliminate the issue of being able to read any sensitive documents.

however, the system should also resume from suspend, and also go direct to the Lock-Screen.
ie: not display anything, that could be read, however briefly.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

I'm not seeing this btw, LM19 either Cinnamon or MATE. Sometimes the lock screen is a little late in loading, this happens if you didn't have the screensaver process running at the time you suspended, but during that time nothing but the desktop background is shown.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

This is being worked on....it's not universal, I don't have the issue

See https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/4324
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
poncho524
Level 1
Level 1

Post by poncho524 »

I had this issue too with LM19. But I had even worse problems with suspend with LM19 (sometimes resuming would completely freeze my computer), so i went back to LM18 and don't have either problem anymore.

Just wanted to let you know its not just you, and I had the same issues with it.

Also, I don't use cinnamon, i use XFCE and the issue was present.

Return to “Cinnamon”