[SOLVED] Scaling issue on HiDPI

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
joda

[SOLVED] Scaling issue on HiDPI

Post by joda »

Hello everyone...

I've testing Mint19 for a few weeks and it works pretty well... except some issue with HiDPI (scalling x2) that you can see on attachment file.

1°) If the desktop icons are placed vertically, they are on top of each other... the solution is to place them horizontally ;)

2°) The size of the search bar & the status bar are too small

Is there a hiding hint... a bug correction...

Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
joda

Re: Scaling issue on HiDPI

Post by joda »

Hello again...

Am I the only one with this problem ? Is it due to my hardware configuration or there is a real problem with hiDPI ??!

Regards
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

Are you saying the text that is typed in the menu’s Search window has not increased in size at all, after setting HI-DPI?

Also, the text size of the Name and Description message that appears in the lower right when you hover over an app, has not increased in size, along with the names of the Categories and Applications?

It looks like you’re using Cinnamon but what theme are you using?
joda

Post by joda »

Hi,

Exactly, and to be more specific I would say it's the size of the "textbox control" and the "label control" that didn't increase.

It's the default theme of Cinnamon... do you think I can resolve my problem width an other theme ?!

Thx
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

joda wrote:It's the default theme of Cinnamon...
The default theme is Linux Mint, which has a dark brown background. So it looks like you’re using Mint-X, not some other downloaded theme.

Would you run a live session using the installation USB/DVD to compare the results of using HI-DPI.

The menu’s text size can also be changed by editing the theme’s cinnamon.css configuration file.
joda

Post by joda »

Hi, and sorry for the delay of my response !
I modify the css file by adding a "font-size" property and it fits perfectly !
Thanks for your help

Return to “Cinnamon”