https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
a1mck
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by a1mck » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:48 am

My Windows 7 Tool Bars.png
Hello,

I've just installed Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, and I tried to get the tool bars to look like my setup with Windows 7.

I'm not a big fan of how they've done things with "highlighting" the active programs in Windows. Instead, I like all my active programs to be on the bottom with the "Quick Launch Bar" above it like they did in Windows XP, and I believe Vista as well.

Is it possible to get LM to look like the attached screenshot of my Windows 7 Tool Bars?

I should also point out that there seems to be some sort of glitch where if I try to adjust the height of the tool bars that it locks the whole thing up where I can't adjust it, nor can I even activate any programs or anything else. I had this happen about three times, and every time I had to reboot my computer. In addition to this, I am having problems moving the order of the icons on the tool bar, but I'm thinking that was related to the issues I was having at the time.

Thank you in advance for all your help, and I'm hoping to be Windows free soon.

My computer specs are:
Processor - Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Mainboard - ASUS P8Z68-M PRO
RAM - 16GB
Video Card - AMD ASUS Strix Radeon R9 390

AndyMH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by AndyMH » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:08 am

Don't use it, but you might want something like cairo-dock. There are alternatives.

http://glx-dock.org/
Homebrew i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19, Thinkpad T430 i7-3632 Cinnamon 18.3, Thinkpad T420 Cinnamon 18.3, Thinkpad T410 Cinnamon 17.3, Thinkpad T60 19.0 Mate

a1mck
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by a1mck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:54 am

Thanks so much for the reply!

I'll check that out. :D

Return to “Cinnamon”