Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
a1mck

Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by a1mck »

My Windows 7 Tool Bars.png
Hello,

I've just installed Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, and I tried to get the tool bars to look like my setup with Windows 7.

I'm not a big fan of how they've done things with "highlighting" the active programs in Windows. Instead, I like all my active programs to be on the bottom with the "Quick Launch Bar" above it like they did in Windows XP, and I believe Vista as well.

Is it possible to get LM to look like the attached screenshot of my Windows 7 Tool Bars?

I should also point out that there seems to be some sort of glitch where if I try to adjust the height of the tool bars that it locks the whole thing up where I can't adjust it, nor can I even activate any programs or anything else. I had this happen about three times, and every time I had to reboot my computer. In addition to this, I am having problems moving the order of the icons on the tool bar, but I'm thinking that was related to the issues I was having at the time.

Thank you in advance for all your help, and I'm hoping to be Windows free soon.

My computer specs are:
Processor - Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Mainboard - ASUS P8Z68-M PRO
RAM - 16GB
Video Card - AMD ASUS Strix Radeon R9 390
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by AndyMH »

Don't use it, but you might want something like cairo-dock. There are alternatives.

http://glx-dock.org/
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
a1mck

Re: Linux Mint Tools Bars To Look Like Windows Tool Bars With Quick Launch Bar

Post by a1mck »

Thanks so much for the reply!

I'll check that out. :D

Return to “Cinnamon”