how do I login as a windows domain user?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wddossett

how do I login as a windows domain user?

Post by wddossett »

Hey, I'm on mint 19 tara brand new install. I've added it to my Windows AD domain and from a terminal window I can login as a domain user and modified pam so it creates the home dir. But I can't do this on my cinnamon desktop UI. It only allows me to login as the user I created during the install. I saw an old post about linking mdm to gdm I think, but that doesn't seem to help either. I get a switch user, but won't let me just type a name in to login as. I'm pretty new to mint yet - I usually use centos and no desktop, but i have a fair number of users that would like to try mint, but I want them to login with their domain id with no pre-setup by myself other than an ansible job that joins the domain so they can authenticate using their AD creds. Thanks for any pointers anyone can offer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wddossett

Re: how do I login as a windows domain user?

Post by wddossett »

ah found it in the desktop anyway, Login Window -> allow manual login. Any idea how to change that from the terminal so I can do this using a configuration tool? Searching but may take a while to find the setting I need ...

Return to “Cinnamon”