[SOLVED] Send a copy of a file to the desktop

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mike-Linux-Mint
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Send a copy of a file to the desktop

Post by Mike-Linux-Mint »

Hi there,

I have a suggestion, I don't know what it's worth or if it's already been made possible in Mint but I haven't found the way to send a copy of a file to my desktop, you know, sometimes it's easy to have what you are working on on hand when you boot your computer rather than going to your hard drive to go get what you need. On my former OS, I would right click on a file or a video and "send to your desktop", and then I would get a copy of the file or rather a link of a file and I just had to double click to open it which was quite convenient. For example, when you're watching the nth episode of one TV show and the next day you don't remember where you left off. What I would do is to send a copy of the last video I watched to my desktop so that I would remember which episode I had already watched and same for my work since I back up everything on a hard drive, you don't need to fetch all the stuff you're working on, it's just there ready to be used. Does any of you know if this option is already available by any chance?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Send a copy of a file to the desktop

Post by all41 »

There is a small + (plus) icon in the upper right corner of the rightclick context menu.
Click that to expand the context menu and you will have copy to desktop option.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

In Mint XFCE's File Manager (thunar), that's already a feature.
Mike-Linux-Mint
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mike-Linux-Mint »

That's precisely what I was looking for,
I wouldn't have been able to find this small plus icon on my own

You've been of great help
Thank you both.

Return to “Cinnamon”