icon don't change in Dolphin

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
52ROSt
Level 5
Level 5

icon don't change in Dolphin

Post by 52ROSt »

LM 19.0 Cinnamon

I replaced the Cinnamon default icon set and the icons appear everywhere but not in Dolphin. Dolphin displays the default Cinnamon (green) icons

Restarting did not solve the issue.

How can I get Dolphin to show the installed new icon set?

Thanks for help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: icon don't change in Dolphin

Post by Hoser Rob »

Not sure, but I used to install Dolphin in non KDE DEs but gave that up. The file manager is highly integrated intto the desktop environment and the file manager from another DE never seems to work as well. This is particularly true using a KDE app in a non KDE Mint DE because the libraries are diffferent.

You may be able to find a theme that Cinnamon and KDE apps are both happy with but I wouldn't expect miracles.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
52ROSt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 52ROSt »

@Hoser Rob

Thanks for your feedback.

Except for the icon colors Dolphin works very well. I installed it from the LM 19.0 Cinnamon Software Manager. It just seems that Dolphin cannot pick up the new icon set.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

You can't exopect a KDE app to work with Cinnamon themes. The only way to solve this is to use themes common to both Cinnamon and KDE AFAIK. And that isn't a solution for you. KDE is better at dealing with theming in GTK based apps than vice versa, but then most KDE users use a lot of GTK apps than vice versa.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
52ROSt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 52ROSt »

@ Hoser Rob

Thanks for your reply.

Cinnamon is not bad, but for me KDE is the more suitable DE. So I try to use Cinnamon in ways close to my way of working in KDE.

I understand your comments about the icons. How can I identify icons used by Cinnamon and KDE?

What das GTK stands for?

Return to “Cinnamon”