SOLVED wine on worktop.

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
michael f-w
Level 2
Level 2

SOLVED wine on worktop.

Post by michael f-w »

Hi all I am having a problem with wine. I do research and have more than one work space open. But if I use wine it puts its self on top of all workspaces, so to get round this I have to minims wine. Is the anyway to stop this, and have wine open on just one worktop? thanks Michael
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: wine on worktop.

Post by Flemur »

michael f-w wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 pmHi all I am having a problem with wine. I do research and have more than one work space open. But if I use wine it puts its self on top of all workspaces, so to get round this I have to minims wine.
I use wine all the time and don't understand that you're saying; "wine" itself doesn't have a window ('cept for the small windows of winecfg and winetricks), you get a window for the programs that are open. and they act like normal windows, they're not "on top" of anything.

Could you post a screenshot of your problem?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
michael f-w
Level 2
Level 2

Post by michael f-w »

thank you for your reply. The problem is with workspaces i have 3 open with say google pages open on differing points of view on the subject i am looking at.If i have wine running no matter which workspace i go to wine is always in front of what ever program i have running on that workspace. i hope that helps you to see my problem. using Linux mint 18.3 and wine 1.6.2 from the repository. thank you Michael
michael f-w
Level 2
Level 2

Post by michael f-w »

after "playing" with wine i uninstalled it and installed play on Linux. and problem solved.

Return to “Cinnamon”