Login screen blanking

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sparty

Login screen blanking

Post by sparty »

On Mint 19/Cinnamon I've been searching for a way to disable the blanking of the login screen (blanking occurs after a timeout interval). The 'Login Window' control panel doesn't have a control for this. Screensaver and Power Manager controls appear to be user-specific as they do not effect the login screen blanking behavior. Assuming the login screen is outside of the user context, I found the probable X11 parameters via the xset -q command. The xset command also allows me to change the screen blanking option to noblank and/or to change the timeout value itself but changes don't take effect as the process of logging out/in resets them. As I understand it, there is no config any more for this parameter set. Does anyone know how these values are being set and where I could go to override the default?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”