[SOLVED] Systray issues (after examples of Fcitx and Update Manager)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
D-man

[SOLVED] Systray issues (after examples of Fcitx and Update Manager)

Post by D-man »

Dear all,

I am sorry to mention two issues at once. But they are somehow related.

1. I have Linux Mint Cinnamon on two machines (both had newly-installed 19 recently upgraded to 19.1). Both have Fcitx being used as input methods. But the icons of Fcitx appear to be different, so as the menu of the program triggered by mouse-clicking.
To be more accurate I am attaching a picture.
You see two different icons. These appear on different machines. To trigger the program's menu in the first case I need to right-mouse-click. To do thaat in the second case left-mouse-click is used.
Menus are different. The first case seems to be the original menu of Fcitx. The second one can be some Mint's way. I like the second one and want to have it on both machines.

Does anyone have any idea about how to make it and why it happens?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
D-man

Re: Systray issues (after examples of Fcitx and Update Manager)

Post by D-man »

2. The other issue is related to Fcitx as well. On one of the machines. It happened after upgrading to Mint 19.1.
Fcitx loads at startup. The Update Manager loads 30 seconds after.
When I close Fcitx (and it disappears from the panel), the following issue happens to the Update Manager's icon. See the attached image.
I use Paprius icon theme. But I don't think it is the reason. It worked fine before. By the way, I also tried various Cinnamon themes for the panel. The same thing happens.
But if I have the Update Manager loading at startup without delays, the same problem doesn't happen after I close Fcitx.

Do you, guys, know why it happens? Are there workarounds?

Thank you in advance!
D-man

Re: [SOLVED] Systray issues (after examples of Fcitx and Update Manager)

Post by D-man »

The first issue was solved by enabling indicators in Cinnamon's settings.

The second one hasn't appeared in the current version of Cinnamon yet.

Return to “Cinnamon”