How to make windows remember their maximized state, after they are closed?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Dinos_12345
Level 1
Level 1

How to make windows remember their maximized state, after they are closed?

Post by Dinos_12345 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 am

Good afternoon and happy new year!

I'm loving the new 19.1 update but I have one issue. I want some windows like Discord, Spotify and chrome to open and remain maximized. I don't like that those windows spread as far as my screen's edges but are not in a maximized state. My hand is used to flicking to the top-right corner to close the window but the way it is now, it grabs the corner to resize it. Is there a way to make windows remember their state, even if they are closed?

Last edited by Dinos_12345 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to make windows remember their maximized state, after they are closed?

Post by killer de bug » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 am

I have also observed that Firefox opens in a small window since the update to 19.1. I was wondering if it was an issue or just my system. I have my answer now. :?
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Dinos_12345
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dinos_12345 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 am

killer de bug wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:44 am
I have also observed that Firefox opens in a small window since the update to 19.1. I was wondering if it was an issue or just my system. I have my answer now. :?
Another thing that drove me nuts and I don't remember if it was like that in the previous version, is the charging battery indicator. If you have a red indicator, it should go white AND have the charging bolt icon, not stay red and only have the bolt. That made me look like an idiot in a cafe, trying to figure out if it was my charger or the socket, not delivering power to my laptop. It's not immediately apparent if it's charging or not.

killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Post by killer de bug » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:32 pm

The indicator has always been like this. But this is not a cinnamon issue I think. Just the linux kernel and the battery management system that takes a long time to go out of the first %.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Return to “Cinnamon”