[SOLVED] How do I disable showing Open applications in 2nd Panel?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyattbiker

[SOLVED] How do I disable showing Open applications in 2nd Panel?

Post by wyattbiker »

See attached. I don't want to show the open applications (circled in red) on the top Panel. They are already showing in the bottom one (circled in red). How do I do that? -Thanks!
Screenshot from 2019-01-08 18-19-02.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
redlined

Re: How do I disable showing Open applications in 2nd Panel?

Post by redlined »

I am unsure if this option is available to you (may be 19.1 Cinnamon 4.0.x or some other app I installed to give the extra options, so.....ymmv :?:

Try right click on the panel you do not want to see the extra stuff on, select Modify panel > Clear all applets

then you can go back, right click same panel and select add applets to get what you want set back on it.

The other way I do things is sillystupidcomplicated and is all drag and drop after I right click on panel > edit panel and sort it all from there. Regardless, all applets for panel can be added and removed from the Mint menu > Applets dialog, and individual applets can be removed from panel you do not want them on by right click the applet- which can be tricky when talking about new panel vs traditional panel changes in LM19.1 and "grouped buttons", launchers, and such.

But you can try this to see if it is easier- right click on Mint menu or clock that is duplicated in your example and select remove applet to test. It can be restored via add applet if the test makes changes you don't really want for long term.
wyattbiker

[SOLVED] Re: How do I disable showing Open applications in 2nd Panel?

Post by wyattbiker »

I am using 19.1 with Cinnamon 4.0.8.

All I am trying to do is avoid showing the opened applications on the top Panel (In this example Chrome and Sublime). But just maybe it's a good thing :o

Edit: Figured it out. I just right click on top Panel enable Edit Mode and then right click in the group and Remove "Group Window List". Then any applications opened will not show opened on top Panel.
Last edited by wyattbiker on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: How do I disable showing Open applications in 2nd Panel?

Post by Moem »

wyattbiker wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 pm Edit: Figured it out. I just right click on top Panel enable Edit Mode and then right click in the group and Remove "Group Window List". Then any applications opened will not show opened on top Panel.
Thanks for posting your solution! Now please take the time to mark the topic as solved, by editing the first post and adding [SOLVED] to the title. That way, others can find your solution too. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”