Mint 19: Where are my recent files? [Solved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
allstarrmultimedia
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 19: Where are my recent files? [Solved]

Post by allstarrmultimedia »

I have enjoyed using Linux Mint 17, for a few years, now, using, Cinnamon. I got a new laptop, so decided to put 19 on it.

Imagine, after doing some work on it, and coming back today, and seeing that Recent is no longer under Place! :shock: Ok, I'd just go into the text editor, and...what?!? :?: At least Libre Office keeps recents, as does my browsers (I had to check!).

I was also suspired that, apparently, a lot of people seem to not want to have recents in the Menu, as my searches only showed how to delete it, and only as recent as Mint 15. So, how can I bring back recent, in the Menu GUI, and in the text editor?

Also, is there a "Wine Menu," as I sometimes like to use Notepad, but in the package manger, I only see Wine Tricks and Play on Linux. Do I need to go to Wine's official site, for this?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Mint 19: Where are my recent files?

Post by Moem »

You can enable showing recent files in the Privacy settings.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
allstarrmultimedia
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 19: Where are my recent files? [Solved]

Post by allstarrmultimedia »

Awesome! Thank You! Recent files is now there, and recent, when I open text editor! I never would have figured that out, without your help! Keep up the outstanding work! 8)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Glad I could be of help!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kendoori »

Is there a way to pin this to the menu?

Return to “Cinnamon”