Cinnamon panel and Window list has changed? [Solved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Cinnamon panel and Window list has changed? [Solved]

Post by tpprynn »

I've just gone back to Mint after a period going between Lubuntu and Windows 10 and am finding Mint 19.1 performing very nicely with one of these emmc laptops. The panel seems to be working differently though, or is set up differently? (Or did I mess something up?) I see that any program running that is already a panel icon is after a fashion highlighted, its visibility depending on the Cinnamon theme, but had there not previously been a Window list applet as we get with other DEs? I have played about with the other applets installed but I lose my left-side panel icons randomly or if I try to add one program icon I get Firefox, Files and the terminal icons appearing over by the wifi and battery icons etc.

I installed all this yesterday and have done the updates and nothing else has gone wrong. I have the iso for 18.1 somewhere so I will compare but maybe someone here has evolved their way through this?

I would just like the Window list-type applet I'm used to without messing up the program icons on the panel.

Let me know if I've been vague.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
philotux

Re: Cinnamon panel and Window list has changed?

Post by philotux »

From the menu, launch the Welcome application. Scroll down a bit and choose between traditional and modern layout. Note that every time you switch between the two your configuration will be set to some default settings and you have to redo it all over again.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tpprynn »

Perfect, thanks.
philotux

Post by philotux »

You're welcome!

Return to “Cinnamon”