Cinnamon panel & themes / losing preview

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Cinnamon panel & themes / losing preview

Post by daveinuk »

Hello Folks,
Recently installed LM19.1 Cinnamon and after tweaking / changing themes I noticed I'd lost the preview from the panel..........
On first use after install the panel icons would show a preview when hovered over, and you could switch to a particular instance/ tab, but this seemed to get borked after choosing a clear/opaque type theme - On returning the panel to defaults it's all come back so I assume it's the desktop theme being somewhat incompatible with the latest cinnamon version ?

Is there a way to check beforehand which desktop themes might not work well? I'd be a lier if I said I could remember which one exactly I used, it might have been Adara or glass shell, and I'd swear it didn't go 'wonky' straight away, or maybe it was a window border I changed? Does this ring a bell for anyone, is it even an issue?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Appoloin
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Cinnamon panel & themes / losing preview

Post by Appoloin »

I'm not sure this is theme related, I'm using the default theme and occasional the preview window fails, going into "Looking Glass" and reloading the "Grouped Window List" fixes it, "Icing Task Manager" also had this problem.

Return to “Cinnamon”