Cinnamon mouse pointer doesn't work well with Bitwig

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorr14

Cinnamon mouse pointer doesn't work well with Bitwig

Post by scorr14 »

I have been auditioning Bitwig on Linux Mint.

TLDR: Bitwig UI works correctly on Plasma, Gnome, and XFCE, but suffers from an issue on Cinnamon. I am curious if this is a potential bug and should be addressed, or a known limitation.

One of the common input widget in Bitwig (and all DAW), is a rotating knob. Manipulating ones goes as follows.

1. Click down on the knob and hold the button depressed. The mouse cursor disappears.
2. With the mouse button depressed, drag down to rotate counter clockwise, and drag up to rotate clockwise.
3. Release the mouse button, and the mouse cursor will reappear over the knob you rotated (where you left it).

In a normal functioning scenario (Bitwig on Windows, Plasma, Gnome, xfce), while the mouse button is depressed, the rotation of the knob only stops when the knob is rotated to 0% or rotated to 100%. In other words, the knob turns freely till it hits it bounds.

On Linux Mint 19.1 running Cinnamon, when the mouse cursor disappears, it still is bound by the edges of the screen. Take the scenario where I click and hold down on a knob, then drag down to rotate counter clockwise. If the invisible mouse cursor hits the bottom of the screen, the rotation stops. In addition, when I release the mouse button after dragging the mouse cursor is now moved.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”