Titlebar close,min,max duplicated on left and right-how?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vidtek
Level 1
Level 1

Titlebar close,min,max duplicated on left and right-how?

Post by vidtek »

I am recently trying Mint 19 after running Kubuntu when Mint ditched KDE.
Cinnamon is shaping up nicely, but I can't find any way to do the KDE thing I loved, having both sides of a window titlebar reflect each other, close, minimise, maximise on left and right.

It seems to be either or, not both.

Anyone with a solution please?

Thanks, Tony.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Asus Z270 i7 16gb ram 8.25tb GT960 TSB6205 Quad tuner 64-bit Mint 18.2 Sonya KDE & win 10 Be/FE myth 0.28
Laptop Samsung NP R580 i5 nvidia linux ultimate & win 10
MrGrimm

Re: Titlebar close,min,max duplicated on left and right-how?

Post by MrGrimm »

glad your install is shaping up nicely, but simply WHY would you want to duplicate those. i understand wanting eyecandy, but this?
vidtek
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Titlebar close,min,max duplicated on left and right-how?

Post by vidtek »

MrGrimm wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 am glad your install is shaping up nicely, but simply WHY would you want to duplicate those. i understand wanting eyecandy, but this?
Mr Grimm- The reason is I have just had an eye operation and now using the computer on my home theatre setup with my 55" screen on the wall. I find when using KDE the ease of putting the close, min, max on both sides is brilliant because I have little room on my small mouse mat on the armchair and if I have to manipulate the cursor back to the right hand side every time it becomes very tedious.

At the moment I am using a drop-down menu icon on the left side as a poor man's substitute for the excellent KDE interface.

Cheers, Tony.
Asus Z270 i7 16gb ram 8.25tb GT960 TSB6205 Quad tuner 64-bit Mint 18.2 Sonya KDE & win 10 Be/FE myth 0.28
Laptop Samsung NP R580 i5 nvidia linux ultimate & win 10

Return to “Cinnamon”