Recent folders in save-as dialog box?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bonjovi
Level 1
Level 1

Recent folders in save-as dialog box?

Post by Bonjovi »

Hi all,
Quick question about saving files - is there anyway to enable recent folders/ locations in the save-as dialog box?

This is very useful when opening files after downloading them (or creating a new file), then deciding to save them in a much used project folder - no need to scroll through your filesystem looking for the folder.

I have enabled the recent folders option (using privacy settings) in the Mint menu, which is very handy, but haven't found anything similar to what I need in the application save-as dialogs.

It's a little frustrating because the folders bar in Nemo now has the recent folders link, but the save-as dialog looks almost identical (including having my bookmarked folders) but doesn't have recent folders.

Thanks
Jon

(Mint 19.1).
Bonjovi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Recent folders in save-as dialog box?

Post by Bonjovi »

Ah, think I've discovered the answer myself - if you open nemo, then select 'Recent' in the 'my computer' section of the folder sidebar (after enabling this option in the privacy settings in the start menu), it is then possible to bookmark the 'recent' folder in nemo. This means that the recents folder will show twice in the nemo sidebar, but no biggie.

This bookmarked recent folder, will then appear in the save-as dialog box in other applications.
Hope this helps someone.
Regards
Jon
palimmo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palimmo »

Unfortunately it doesn't work... :(

Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon
LM Cinnamon 64bit
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

palimmo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 am Unfortunately it doesn't work... :(
It's an old thread and a different version of Mint. This is why we have the policy that a new question deserves a new topic; I suggest you start one.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”