Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa - Nemo/Mouse problem

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
LeBoy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa - Nemo/Mouse problem

Post by LeBoy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 am

Long term Mint Cinnamon user here. I did an upgrade to Tessa over Tara (19) on the weekend and immediately noticed that the following Nemo option no longer works reliably: Edit > Preferences > Behavior > Double-click on a blank area to go to the parent folder.

I can still double-click to go back but it only works 20% of the times. Mostly it does nothing. I then downloaded the 19.1 ISO image and ran the system directly from a USB stick. The problem was exactly the same. I didn't change any hardware component in my system for a long time and this function in Nemo has always worked without problems for me ever since it was first introduced.

Not sure if this is a known bug. I'll keep on 19 for now.

Best regards,
Leboy

LeBoy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa - Nemo/Mouse problem

Post by LeBoy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:37 pm

I did some further tests and now unfortunately I can say with 100% confidence that is a real bug.

I ran Mint 19.1 Cinnamon directly from a flash drive in three completely different systems and the problem was always identical:
- Desktop PC (Intel i7-5960 / 32GB RAM)
- Laptop Dell Vostro 3560
- Laptop IBM Thinkpad

How to reproduce the bug:
1. Open Nemo and enable option: Edit > Preferences > Behavior > Double-click on a blank area to go to the parent folder.
2. Open any folder and keep opening any subsequent subfolders until you reach the last one containing no more subfolders.
3. Double-click a blank area.
4. Nothing happens!
I also noticed that switching between view styles - Icon/List/Compact, would make this option work again until I again navigate to the next last subfolder.

I checked the 19.1 "Known issues" and this problem is not listed there yet:
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tessa_cinnamon.php

I use Nemo daily for intense file manipulations and I would really appreciate if this bug would be fixed in the future since I strongly rely on this function to speed up my work.

Otherwise 19.1 looks great!

Return to “Cinnamon”