Desktop context menu (right click) background color

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Valsodar
Level 4
Level 4

Desktop context menu (right click) background color

Post by Valsodar »

I'm making a theme of my own and I changed the most of the elements I wanted - panel and menu background color, selected item background color, etc. in cinnamon.css. But I can't find the item/the line that will let me change the color of the menu which appears when right clicking on the desktop. Does anyone know what item I should be looking for?

P.S. The only thing I could find was

Code: Select all

/* Context menu (at the moment only for favorites) */
.menu-context-menu {}
but this one seems to be related to favorites only and has nothing to do with the desktop context menu.
AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair CX750 PSU, Corsair 32GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Force LE 120GB, WD Caviar Blue + Green = 1.5TB, Firefox 65+ x64, 5.0.13-arch1-1-ARCH Cinnamon

smurphos
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Desktop context menu (right click) background color

Post by smurphos »

The desktop context menus are themed in gtk.css

I had a quick look to see if I could work out the selector to theme the desktop context menu only leaving other gtk menus default for that theme, but without success. If I work it out I'll let you know.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Valsodar
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Desktop context menu (right click) background color

Post by Valsodar »

smurphos wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:25 am
The desktop context menus are themed in gtk.css

I had a quick look to see if I could work out the selector to theme the desktop context menu only leaving other gtk menus default for that theme, but without success. If I work it out I'll let you know.
The reason I asked is because I managed to change the color of the panel context menu but that of the desktop remained with the integrated (in Mint) dark theme - Mint-Y-Dark. Almost everything else is done, only the desktop context menu seems to be mission impossible. Give it a try, if you want. :)
AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair CX750 PSU, Corsair 32GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Force LE 120GB, WD Caviar Blue + Green = 1.5TB, Firefox 65+ x64, 5.0.13-arch1-1-ARCH Cinnamon

Return to “Cinnamon”