Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
catch22
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] upgrade 18.3 to 19.2 ok except dual monitor

Post by catch22 »

The title says it all..
I upgraded from 18.3 to 19(.2) and this time all went well, but the settings of the dual monitor setup went berserk.

The main large monitor had Conky on it, which is still in place, but the panel somehow switched to the small monitor now.
Also the few icons I allow in my dekstop went from the small to the large monitor, overlapping the Conky.
The system sees what is my right monitor now as my left.

I tried to add a screenshot, but it's too large - reducing the size didn't suffice.
Anyway, I wonder where best to start fixing these awkward changes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally found the system settings where I could rearrange primary monitor - it was so long ago I had done something in there, that I forgot how to, and where.. :mrgreen:
done with distro-hopping! Linux Mint desktop / Bunsen Labs netbook

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Re: [SOLVED] upgrade 18.3 to 19.2 ok except dual monitor

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please post what exactly you did and edit first post title and add solved as per my signature. Good to know that the problem is solved.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

catch22
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] upgrade 18.3 to 19.2 ok except dual monitor

Post by catch22 »

deepakdeshp wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 pm
Please post what exactly you did
As I mentioned in the edited post below the line -----, it was some time ago I had done any tweaking, and then remembered the System Settings where dual monitors can be set to main/secondary and left/right.
deepakdeshp wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 pm
and edit first post title and add solved as per my signature. Good to know that the problem is solved.
That also, was already done :wink:
done with distro-hopping! Linux Mint desktop / Bunsen Labs netbook

Return to “Cinnamon”