Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
jairoraiol
Level 1
Level 1

Size of Cinnamon panel icons.

Post by jairoraiol » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello everybody.

The Cinnamon panel does not show the icons on the left with the configured size.

For example, when I set the icon size to 24px, it actually appears with 22px or 20px depending on the icon theme.

Great work from the Linux Mint team.

Thankful.

blueocean
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Size of Cinnamon panel icons.

Post by blueocean » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Have you tried this? System settings>panel>Left panel zone icon size>scale to panel optimally.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

jairoraiol
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jairoraiol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:06 pm

blueocean wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:37 pm
Have you tried this? System settings>panel>Left panel zone icon size>scale to panel optimally.
Hello. Thanks for asking.

I went to “System Settings / Panel / Left Panel Zone Icon Size”.
However, I do not want to use the “Scale to panel optimally” option, as it is not pleasant for me, so I selected the “24px” option.

But when I looked at the result on the panel, I realized it looked smaller than 24px.
So I decided to confirm the size of the icons using an image editor.
The icons actually get smaller, ranging from 20px to 22px depending on the icon theme used.
That is, the size of the icon in the panel does not exactly match the selected option.

Grateful for any help.

Jairo Raiol

blueocean
Level 3
Level 3

Post by blueocean » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:17 pm

I use the optimally setting. When I try the others, they are too exaggerated being too big or too small. I have a desktop with 27" monitor and the default is about right. On my 11.6" Asus laptop, I use default also. The icons are, of course smaller, but still scale the same as the desktop. Exactly what is you goal for appearance?
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

jairoraiol
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jairoraiol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:11 pm

blueocean wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:17 pm
I use the optimally setting. When I try the others, they are too exaggerated being too big or too small. I have a desktop with 27" monitor and the default is about right. On my 11.6" Asus laptop, I use default also. The icons are, of course smaller, but still scale the same as the desktop. Exactly what is you goal for appearance?
When I changed to 24px size I was more pleased with the look.

The only thing that is not correct is the fact that the icons on the panel did not get exactly 24px in size, they got slightly smaller. I confirmed this when I captured the screen and opened the image in GIMP to take the measurement.

Therefore, I am asking the icons to be exactly the size I chose in the configuration.

I also did a test selecting the size of 32px, and the same mismatch occurred.

Grateful for any help.

Jairo Raiol.

blueocean
Level 3
Level 3

Post by blueocean » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Guess you'll have to go with the best you can and try to be satisfied. There are many others here with impressive knowledge that may add help for you.

Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 pm

Make the panel wider, see what happens then.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

blueocean
Level 3
Level 3

Post by blueocean » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Spearmint2 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 pm
Make the panel wider, see what happens then.
Good idea and maybe have both left and right set to scale to panel size optimally or some such winning combination :wink:

Return to “Cinnamon”