System tray icons not displaying

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

System tray icons not displaying

Post by Temporary Saint »

Hi,

Running Mint 19.1 with Cinnamon. The Recent Documents and Notifications icons do not display unless I'm in Panel Edit mode. Restarting Cinnamon does not fix the problem even temporarily. I've also delayed the Flatpak startup from 20 to 30 seconds. Any other fixes out there that I haven't found?

Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: System tray icons not displaying

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

By default the Notification applet hides itself unless it has notifications to display. You can change that behaviour via it's config, accessed via the Applets settings module (or if it's visible by right click on the applet > configure)

Recent documents applet I can't reproduce the problem, and it's got no config to tweak. It's not a default applet - have you definitely added it to the panel?

Just on a technical / mildly pedantic :wink: note - most of what you have on the Panel are Cinnamon applets. There is a System tray applet - that hosts System tray icons
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Temporary Saint »

Hi smurphos,

Here is a screenshot showing my actual system tray and the installation of the Recent Documents applet.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alv9bfGGQ5E2jFZUxEl ... G?e=JzN10p

Steve
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Doh - should have remembered this for my first reply

Can you check your Privacy settings module and make sure you have Recent Files enabled there. I've just double-checked and disabling it there makes the applet invisible.

Menu > Preferences > Privacy

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Cinnamon”