19.3, Why so many removed features on the Cinnamon Applets ?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
krafting
Level 1
Level 1

19.3, Why so many removed features on the Cinnamon Applets ?

Post by krafting »

Hello everyone, I'd like to know why so many features were removed with the upgrade to Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon 4.4.5):
- No more ability to show windows from all screens on the Grouped Window list
- No more "Refresh wireless wnetwork" (I mean, it's okey that the applet automatically refresh but you could add an indicator when it refresh)
- No more "Copy Applets configuration from one Panel to another
- The new Scale animation feels weird with only one "scale" it would have been great to implement a parameter to choose how many scale it shows (On the Panel Launcher)

Also it does this when I'm right Clicking to an icon of the XApp Status Applet : http://i.imgur.com/aCA3QaM.png (I guess it's a problem with my current install but i'd like to report it here) EDIT: It actually fixed itself, no idea how but work perfectly now :ok_hand:

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: 19.3, Why so many removed features on the Cinnamon Applets ?

Post by Moem »

I bet those applets aren't supported anymore. But some of them may come back if the developers update them to work with the latest version.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

krafting
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krafting »

Moem wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:44 pm
I bet those applets aren't supported anymore. But some of them may come back if the developers update them to work with the latest version.
That's weird, especially for system applets that you can't uninstall, Aren't they supported by the Linux Mint Team? they are the default applets

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Okay, maybe I didn't pay proper attention to which exact applets you mentioned... :oops:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

muddro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by muddro »

Noticed this too, and lack of grouped windows appearing on all windows is enough for me to go back to 19.2 or look at new distros. Seems like basic functionality for a desktop that should be there. Hopefully they can fix it soon

krafting
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krafting »

muddro wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:44 am
Noticed this too, and lack of grouped windows appearing on all windows is enough for me to go back to 19.2 or look at new distros. Seems like basic functionality for a desktop that should be there. Hopefully they can fix it soon
I really hope they will roll an update very soon, I tried lots of DE with my Mint install but most of them doesn't have the features I need or want, cinnamon is the best choise for me, but removing feature like those are really dumb, I hope this was just a mistake from the Mint team!

JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

The way this should work is if you have a single instance of the applet it will show the windows from all screens. If you have instances on each screen, it will show only the ones from that screen. Is there a different use case that you have? Just curious and getting some feedback.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

krafting
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krafting »

JosephM wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm
The way this should work is if you have a single instance of the applet it will show the windows from all screens. If you have instances on each screen, it will show only the ones from that screen. Is there a different use case that you have? Just curious and getting some feedback.
This is the problem, I have multiple screens and I want all windows from all screen on all screen so I want multiple instance with every open windows

EDIT: Also, There is a problem with the normal "Windows List" applet, we cannot mouse over the thumnails, the thumbnails disappear before we can click it or over it

AZgl1500
Level 12
Level 12
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 »

check the Updates that were released over last night, all of them had to do with Cinnamon and NEMO.

maybe what you want has been fixed.

Mint 19.3 Updates.png
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

krafting
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krafting »

AZgl1500 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:42 pm
check the Updates that were released over last night, all of them had to do with Cinnamon and NEMO.

maybe what you want has been fixed.

Mint 19.3 Updates.png
I always check my update manager and stay up to date, I looked at the updates, it fixed some stuff and the network applets works better but it didn't added the Show windows from all screen option, also I'm happy they bring back the Super + Number to open windows and such :)

Return to “Cinnamon”