experiencing Cinnamon crash when using "Choose player controls" from sound applet

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
smurphos
Level 16
Level 16

Re: experiencing Cinnamon crash when using "Choose player controls" from sound applet

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

No crash with Vivaldi either.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

sverx
Level 2
Level 2

Re: experiencing Cinnamon crash when using "Choose player controls" from sound applet

Post by sverx »

Oh.
Well, thanks for the tests.
Whatever it is, good if it's gone from the next version.

zereshk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zereshk »

sverx wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:25 pm
in the while I found this workaround: make Chromium not appear in the list.
chrome://flags/#enable-media-session-service -> set to Disable

but I'd like to find the root cause of the crash and hopefully fix it (myself, with your help)

Where to start? :roll:
Just wanted to say thank you for unintentionally solving the problem I came to this forum for today :D much appreciated! Having Chromium (Well, Brave) in the list annoyed me to no end, I never needed it there.

(I experience these crashes you write about too btw, I just got used to them by now.)

sverx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sverx »

yeah, make Chromium not appear in the list is a good workaround, but that's not what I wanted to do

since you were experiencing the same problem (so that means I'm really not the only one!) can I ask you more details about your setup?

I'd like to know which Linux Mint version you're running. And if your Rhythmbox is the version that comes with it.

Thank you!

Return to “Cinnamon”