Context Menu Will Not Let Me Change Defaults [SOLVED]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
havemercyonme

Context Menu Will Not Let Me Change Defaults [SOLVED]

Post by havemercyonme »

I am running Linux Mint 20 as a Guest on VirtualBox.

I see the context menu does not include "move to" and "copy to," so first I checked in display in preferences in Nemo, and they are checked off, so that's not the problem. Then I went into context menu, and I see they are not checked, and when I try to check them, the utility won't allow the changes nor changes to those checked preferences in display.

I also can't make any changes if I open Nemo as root either.

Also, when I right-click a file there is not + or - sign available to expand or contract the menu.

Could these limitations be connected to the OS being in a VM?

I've been with Linux 19.1 since November, but I am not a true techie, just faking it, so be easy on me with terminal commands

Still with how much time I've spent tweaking and futzing with it I should be an expert by now. :wink:

-HMOM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
havemercyonme

Re: Context Menu Will Not Let Me Change Defaults [SOLVED]

Post by havemercyonme »

I solved it. The virtual machine hard drive was running out of space, and it was set to fixed mode, so I created a copy and increased it, adjusted the partition, and now I can change the defaults.

Another 5 hours taken from my life by Linux, but that's how it is. It demands more of my time than my child and ex together ever did. :roll:

Cheers!

Return to “Cinnamon”