Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
krauster
Level 2
Level 2

Window Tiling on two monitors

Post by krauster »

Mint 20. Cinammon

I have a laptop to the right side and an external monitor in front of me. Thanks to the help I received here I found the Fractional scaling settings in Display and I have Mint 20 set up to show windows on both displays in a very comfortable scale.

Now I want to tweak the Window Tiling and I found that I can turn off the vertical tiling that splits the screen vertically when I drag a window to the top of either screen. So if I want three windows for the two monitors. I can drag one window to the laptop and drag it up to the top or to the right side and it snaps and fills the laptop screen. On the external monitor in front of me I want to show two windows tiled with a left and a right. If I drag the first window to the left it snaps to the left half of the screen. But if I open a third window I can't get it snap to the right half. I don't get the transparent green indicator showing up on the right hand side of the external monitor as I pass it to the edge. I'm wondering if there might be a setting for that. That way I could have two snapped windows on the big external monitor and one snapped full screen window.

This is pretty minor as I can just adjust the right hand window on the external monitor manually but it would be nice if it was possible to snap it.

Return to “Cinnamon”