Launcher icons not scaled properly on Hi-DPI in Cinnamon in 4.6.7 (Mint 20)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
drcross
Level 1
Level 1

Launcher icons not scaled properly on Hi-DPI in Cinnamon in 4.6.7 (Mint 20)

Post by drcross »

Hi,

I've got a fresh install of Mint 20 on a 4k monitor and the "taskbar" panel launcher icons are showing up as too small to be usable even though the system is configured to run DPI at X2 (see link below).

The panel launchers are tiny but regular application icons are the correct size.

If I go into the Applets settings menu, then select Panel launchers and press "Reload panel-launchers@cinnamon.org" the icons get refreshed and display CORRECTLY, but after a suspend and resume (or system restart) the icons will be small again.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated because it's the last thing preventing me from having a perfect system!

Kadaitcha Man
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Launcher icons not scaled properly on Hi-DPI in Cinnamon in 4.6.7 (Mint 20)

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

drcross wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 am
The panel launchers are tiny but regular application icons are the correct size.
Screenshot_20201017_232002.jpg

You might try Panel Settings. You might also try setting the correct icon size and rebooting once, then test what happens after suspend/resume.
Coming to a thread near you: Lots of bragging about my AMD 5950X. Currently delayed due to high demand.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
olo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by olo »

I did a lot of tinkering with things too small and what works with everything.
then I started KODI and I had only a quarter of the display visible.
The thing what worked well and is easiest is just lower the screen resolution, leave every thing else as it is.
The fastest way to scale everything.
On full HD I set to 1280 on 13 and 14" screens (as in Windows) and between 1368 to 1440 on a 15"
Testing with (Mint 20) and Garuda KDE Dr460nized right now: "2011: ASUS is proud to deliver the world's first ultrabook..." ASUS ZenBook UX31E (now quadruple boot Win 7, Win 10, LM 20,Garuda KDE Dr460nized )
drcross
Level 1
Level 1

Post by drcross »

I really dont want to reduce the res of my 4k screens, does anyone have any other idea how to fix this please?

Return to “Cinnamon”