Window buttons a little to small for my eye sight

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
sevenmpd
Level 2
Level 2

Window buttons a little to small for my eye sight

Post by sevenmpd »

Hi looking for some help finding the icons at the top right of the screen a little to small for my eye sight I looked into how the size could be changed and came across this thread and used
To modify the settings via the command line the generic command format is below. The colon separates left hand buttons from right hand buttons

Code: Select all

dconf write /org/cinnamon/desktop/wm/preferences/button-layout "'button1,button2:button3,button4'" 
But Ive now find the 3 icons at the top right of screen minimise , re-size and close have disappeared how can I revert back ? Advice would be welcomed please
Thanks
H
Last edited by Moem on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split off into a separate topic. Every new question deserves its own topic. Old thread was https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=307615
Welcome
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Window buttons a little to small for my eye sight

Post by Welcome »

The default value was ':minimize,maximize,close' according to dconf.

The description is:
Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar. The value should be a string, such as "menu:minimize,maximize,spacer,close"; the colon separates the left corner of the window from the right corner, and the button names are comma-separated. Duplicate buttons are not allowed. Unknown button names are silently ignored so that buttons can be added in future metacity versions without breaking older versions. A special spacer tag can be used to insert some space between two adjacent buttons.
The best way to reset:

Code: Select all

dconf reset /org/cinnamon/desktop/wm/preferences/button-layout

Return to “Cinnamon”