ALT+TAB to select desktop?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Eric23
Level 1
Level 1

ALT+TAB to select desktop?

Post by Eric23 »

When I use ALT+TAB to toggle through open windows there isn't an option for the desktop like in windows 7

I was running a full screen game with no other windows open and I wanted to get back to the desktop. ALT+TAB was no use because the desktop was not an option to cycle to.

I tried the windows button, but I was unable to click on anything in the menu while the game was running.

If I have any other window open while playing the full screen game I can ALT+TAB to it effectively and then use the pc with the game still running. If I have no other windows open and I want to get back to the desktop, I can't.

Is there a shortcut to minimize everything and show the desktop? I would really like the desktop to be an option to pick when using ALT+TAB. I know there is a show desktop button in the task bar, but when I pressed the windows key to show the menu I was unable to click it. The mouse was still focused on the game behind it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
vimes666
Level 4
Level 4

Re: ALT+TAB to select desktop?

Post by vimes666 »

ctrl-alt-d should do that.
If you think the issue is solved, edit your original post and add the word solved to the title.
Eric23
Level 1
Level 1

Re: ALT+TAB to select desktop?

Post by Eric23 »

vimes666 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:05 am
ctrl-alt-d should do that.
Thanks but nope.

I found that the windows button + d did the trick though. :D

Return to “Cinnamon”