Vertical Scrollbar width in the menu - Cinnamon 20

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LateJunction
Level 4
Level 4

Vertical Scrollbar width in the menu - Cinnamon 20

Post by LateJunction »

I know this question has been asked a lot, but those previous requests have related either to browsers or themes. None of them have explained how to change the scroll bar width in the menu - which I really need to do because of having shaky hands. Using the GUI option in <System Settings><Appearance><Themes><Settings> does not modify the vertical scroll bar width in the system menu. How do I change that ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Vertical Scrollbar width in the menu - Cinnamon 20

Post by SMG »

If you have a mouse or touchpad that has scrolling capability, I think you should be able to scroll the list without having to be within the scroll bar. I am able to do that and I do not recall making any special changes for that to happen.

There is a 'Configure' option for the menu. (Right-click on the menu icon to see it.) While I do not see anything related to scrollbars here, I recall changing the icon size to suit my tastes.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
LateJunction
Level 4
Level 4

Post by LateJunction »

Great, thanks; this is most helpful.
senjoz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by senjoz »

You can get better scrollbar width if you select in Menu - Preferences - Themes - Themes - Desktop desktop theme cinnamon. This desktop theme is slightly transparent. For disabling transparency and proper search field display, file /usr/share/cinnanon/theme/cinnamon.css should be edited at more places.

Regards, Jože
Mongo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mongo »

As a newb to posting on this forum i have found a scrollbar width adjustment for the version of mint I've got (Linux Mint 20.1 x86_64). Go Menu - Preferences - Themes - then select Settings in the top tab. I tested this in Libreoffice and works up to 40 pixels. Hope this helps.
agtiger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by agtiger »

LateJunction wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:22 am I know this question has been asked a lot, but those previous requests have related either to browsers or themes. None of them have explained how to change the scroll bar width in the menu - which I really need to do because of having shaky hands. Using the GUI option in <System Settings><Appearance><Themes><Settings> does not modify the vertical scroll bar width in the system menu. How do I change that ?
I was searching on Google regarding this exact problem, and found this forum thread of yours, LateJunction.

I recently fought with this issue myself, and I found a solution and wrote it up in this forum thread: I have figured out how to adjust the scrollbar width in the Cinnamon menu

Please note I was testing in Linux Mint 20.3 (una)

Return to “Cinnamon”