[Solved] how can I revert to the old panel?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
u53rN4m3
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] how can I revert to the old panel?

Post by u53rN4m3 »

Hi, I just installed cinnamon 20 on a new laptop, and I really miss the old panel, in fact, I really dislike the new panel.

I haven't had any luck googling this, perhaps I'm not using the correct keywords, every result seems to be for something completely irrelevant.

Just in case I'm not making myself clear enough; It's the panel with the 'start' button and the clock on the other side at the bottom of the screen.

When I open a new document, having one of the same type already opened, I want there to be two separate documents showing on the panel, This type of stuff is the reason I left Ubuntu to begin with.

Please help me if you can, even just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LanceM

Re: how can I revert to the old panel?

Post by LanceM »

Menu>Preferences>Welcome screen>First steps>Traditional.
u53rN4m3
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved] how can I revert to the old panel?

Post by u53rN4m3 »

Thank you!!
One Sock
Level 1
Level 1

Post by One Sock »

I too was wondering about this. It seems very strange to have the settings buried in such an odd place, rather than somewhere obvious and intuitive, i.e., within "Panel settings." Maybe this could be improved in future versions?
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

It's going bye bye. Best to adapt.
Burning Desires 69
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Burning Desires 69 »

LanceM wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:58 pm It's going bye bye. Best to adapt.
Hence to why people choose to stick with older Versions, instead of Newer ones.
Some People Just Don't Adapt To New Changes, When Old Ones Already Work Well For Them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proves This Point:
I just installed cinnamon 20 on a new laptop, and I really miss the old panel, in fact, I really dislike the new panel.
&
It seems very strange to have the settings buried in such an odd place, rather than somewhere obvious and intuitive, i.e., within "Panel settings." Maybe this could be improved in future versions?
Last edited by Moem on Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed a quote. Make sure to always use both an opening tag [quote] and a closing tag [/quote], enclosing the quote.
I Loved World = 80's & 90's
World Hates Me = 2016 to 2019
I Hate World = 2020 & ^
They want us to Suffer, then lets speed it up, just burn our Sanity away. Else, Shut It!
A "Scar" Means? Yur About To Find Out, The Hard Way!

Return to “Cinnamon”