How do I force applications to open on the same monitor they were launched from 100% of the time?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Red Squirrel
Level 4
Level 4

How do I force applications to open on the same monitor they were launched from 100% of the time?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Open Office applications are especially notorious for not wanting to open on the proper monitor but I've also seen Virtualbox and other applications do it. When I'm working from home only my primary monitor is accessible via kvm while the others are set to work mode. My work PC goes completely haywire if I switch input on the monitor so that is not an option.

When I open a spreadsheet that has macros I get a popup notification but it goes on the wrong monitor and I have no way to click ok. How do I stop it from going on the wrong monitor? Since it's a dialog and not a window, it does not show up in the taskbar either so I can't access it in any way.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”