full screen applications are always behind bottom panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raina343
Level 1
Level 1

full screen applications are always behind bottom panel

Post by raina343 »

I've seen this topic float around here in the past, but no suggestions ever made (that I've found) never seem to make any form of difference.

I'm currently running Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon, but have had the same issue when using older versions or ubuntu Cinnamon as well.

main issue is the bottom panel will NEVER go behind any applications that go into full screen. This could be VLC, Chrome playing video, Firefox, any steam game, it doesn't matter.

if I set the panel to intelligently hide that seems inconsistent at best. sometimes it will get hidden behind the full screen app, others it won't. if I set the panel to auto hide then it stays put but the other applications now full screen up, so I end up losing the bottom 30+ pixels of that application.

the fact that that this issue doesn't occur for everyone suggests it may be some hardware combination issue, since as mentioned above, I did have the same problem with Ubuntu Cinnamon, and this issue was one of the reasons I switched over to mint full time, in the hope that it wouldn't be a problem here.

the issue doesnt appear to be user profile related, which was the suggestion in some other threads on a similar topic, because the issue has persistent across multiple reinstalls

any help would be greatly appreicated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: full screen applications are always behind bottom panel

Post by spamegg »

Return to “Cinnamon”