Default monitor changes on every reboot

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dorlow
Level 1
Level 1

Default monitor changes on every reboot

Post by dorlow »

Ok, I have 3 monitors. I want my middle monitor to be my main monitor. I've been struggling with this for a while. I actually re-wired the monitors to where the right one should've been the middle one. But even with them physically wired the other way, once I went into nvidia's config and made sure it knew the logical layout of the monitors and then rebooted, my right monitor becomes the main display again. I can change it after each boot, but it only lasts until I reboot. When I make the change to make the middle monitor my main monitor in the nvidia settings and I hit apply, when I try to close out of it, I get a pop up that says "You have pending changes on following page(s): X Server Display Configuration - Apply,
X Server Display Configuration - Save to X Configuration File.

I have selected the button to save it to the configuration file and it doesn't give any errors when it saves. I have hit the Apply button. It's greyed out right now because it's already applied and nothing has changed since I hit apply.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Default monitor changes on every reboot

Post by SMG »

Is this really the same issue as in this thread You have pending changes on the following pages - X Server Display Configuration - Apply? I do not see where you replied in that thread as to whether or not it worked. roblm is one of our most knowledgeable forum members regarding display issues. He might have some other ideas if his original suggestion did not work for you.

The only other place I know of to make and save Display settings is in the Displays app.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Cinnamon”