Possible cosmetic defect with Cinnamon menu on LM 20.2

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Foxy Stoat
Level 2
Level 2

Possible cosmetic defect with Cinnamon menu on LM 20.2

Post by Foxy Stoat »

Just upgraded from 20.1 to 20.2. Upgrade went well, but think I've noticed a possible cosmetic defect in Cinnamon menu. Does it seem a bit like the width has got narrower to anyone else? Also there's something going on with the category highlights. If I highlight say, "Accessories" and then scroll up and down in the list of items, the highlight colour overlay on the category sometimes starts shrinking and elongating randomly. This is using the Mint-Y-Aqua Dark Theme. It doesn't always do it though; I notice it more if there's no open windows on the desktop. I'm pretty sure I didn't see this with 20.1.

Over than that, all seems good so far.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Possible cosmetic defect with Cinnamon menu on LM 20.2

Post by absque fenestris »

Please see my post on the same topic. viewtopic.php?f=143&t=351253

As a temporary solution, you can try Cinnamenu, which does not have this weird error.
Also, the height and width of the Cinnamenu window can be adjusted arbitrarily with the mouse handles.

Foxy Stoat
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Foxy Stoat »

Thanks for the suggestion about Cinnamenu, might looks into that. I can see on a couple of the recent blog posts there's a couple of comments that others have also noticed this problem with the menu. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
DanielPe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DanielPe »

Excellent in that thread was solved this same problem. Thanks for the information friends
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

My Mint 20.2 Cinnamon has received all the updates properly and works quite well in its virtual way: only the Menu ...
It is now in its good phase and shows the text of all applications correctly without cutting anything - but that was not the case this morning. So the official Cinnamon Menu is somehow a face-changer that has its good or bad mood.
Cinnamenu works ...
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

A possible workaround for the Cinnamon Menu:

Go to the Menu Editor and open the properties of an entry that is as long as possible (in my example, Users & Groups). Enter 16 spaces after the name and save.
The width of the Cinnamon Menu should now be adjusted to this longest entry.

Return to “Cinnamon”